Friday, February 12, 2016

Hillary In Full




This youtube video is actually labeled, "Hillary Clinton laughs for no apparent reason at the Benghazi hearing."  

Which says something about whoever posted it.

The reason she laughed is so very apparent.

It would have been more satisfying if Secretary Clinton had said what was so obvious, but it was good just as it was.

But I would have loved to hear her say, "Congresswoman Roby, you have just asked me whether I spent the night alone. What exactly did you expect me to answer? 'Oh, no actually, I went home to go to bed with...you fill in the blank.  General Petraeus perhaps?'  Oh, the hour is late and we are all getting a little punchy. Well, I speak for myself. Clearly, you are not getting a little punchy. In your case how would we know?"

Reading reviews of last night's debate from Vox and the New York Times, it's apparent people see what they want to see in these debates, a la "Rashamon."

I, for one, wanted to see Ms. Clinton rise to the level she did during the Benghazi hearings.  I also wanted her to answer Mr. Sanders's most damaging blow, which is that he is pure and accepts no money from Wall Street or any other rich and powerful elite, while she is tainted by the money she has accepted.

She might say, look every Congressman, every politician, from mayor to President spends an obscene portion of time calling people and begging for donations. You have done this, until you got famous enough this time to rely on online donations from individuals. Well, I'm happy for you. I'm happy you can fund this way and I'm doing the same thing, but as yet, with less success.  But that doesn't mean money is speech. If you believe that, then you are in line with our current Supreme Court. 

The fact is, we all hate dialing for dollars and I agree with you I'd like to change the system and have public financing of elections. It's just not the system we have, and like President Obama before me, I'm not going to unilaterally disarm just because you did. I want to beat the Republicans in the Fall.

Or words to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment