Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Elizabeth Warren and Believe the Woman






Last night's debate and Elizabeth Warren accused Michael Bloomberg of telling a pregnant employee to "Kill It" and have an abortion.

Mr. Bloomberg denied ever having said that.

Googling this it appears Ms. Warren simply takes the word of the accuser and when pressed why she should believe the woman she replied, "Why should I not believe the woman?"

Which is to say, "Oh, we know what cads men are. Bloomberg is just like all those horrible men we all know. He puts money ahead of life and a woman's happiness. That's the way men are. So I don't believe men any farther than I can throw them. I believe the woman."





This comes on the heels of a PBS interview with Harvey Weinstein's lawyer, Donna Rotunno, who pointed out that in America, there should be the presumption of innocence, even when the defendant is as creepy looking as Harvey Weinstein, and then she dissected out the inconsistencies in the story of some of the accusers, who carried on sexual relationships with Weinstein for years after having been "raped." And, yes, we know about women in abusive relationships who do this but those women are typically living with and financially dependent upon their abusers. These women lived apart but kept coming back to Weinstein.

And the explanation "I had to keep sleeping with him or my career would have suffered" is really nothing more than a woman saying she is trading sex for job advancement.

To answer Senator Warren's question: Why not believe the woman? The woman is SUING Bloomberg. Is it beyond the realm of possibility she might have some to gain by winning her lawsuit.

Senator Warren's posture of the self righteous, aggrieved woman is simply too much for me to stomach. The victim card. The woman who tells a story about how a man once did her wrong by firing her for being pregnant and thus Bloomberg must be of that same ilk. He's a man, after all, a member of that dreadful class of human beings with a Y chromosome.

How different is this from saying, "A Black man once abused me. This man is a Black man so any woman who accuses him, well, I believe her!"?

Really, this ME TOO stuff is simply too much to bear. 
She is the last Democrat I would vote for right now.
But if it were a choice of Warren or Trump, well...I guess I'd hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two weevils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment